Cyber Essentials: Our security promise to you
We have now achieved Cyber Essentials Accreditation.
To us, nothing is more important than security, protecting our clients’ personal details and preventing fraud. With the technological climate becoming increasingly diverse, hackers (or individuals with malicious intentions) are finding more and more ways to breach laws and gain financially from stolen information.
Cyber Essentials is a UK government assurance scheme created to help businesses and organisations increase their cyber security and reduce potential threats. The scheme is administered by the NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre).
The scheme has two primary functions:
- To set out the five basic cyber security controls that organisations should implement to protect themselves from “around 80% of common cyber attacks”; and
- To provide a simple and affordable mechanism – through the Assurance Framework’s two levels of independent certification; Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus – for organisations to demonstrate that they have implemented essential cyber security measures.
Being accredited helps us to protect our users against common cyber threats and in addition, allows us to keep up to date with the ever-changing cyber security trends. The Cyber Essentials accreditation also means we take precautions to prevent the following;
- Hacking; exploiting vulnerabilities in systems connected to the internet;
- Phishing; tricking users into opening malicious applications to steal personal information;
- Brute Force; manual or automated attempts to log into applications via password guessing.
With this, you can trust that we take the necessary steps to protect our business and our clients against such security threats, and trust that we highly guard all confidential data stored on our network and devices.
To find out more about the Cyber Essentials accreditation, click here.
At Square Media, we take security seriously and take steps to ensure your data is safe. With our Cyber Essentials accreditation, you can rest assured that a website or application made by us follows security conventions by default.
If you’re interested about finding out more about security, get in touch with us here.