Why your marketing strategy needs emojis

Avatar for Lily Lily 5th June 2020 0 Comments

Emojis entered the scene in 2011, but it doesn’t look like these little characters are going anywhere any time soon! Before emojis, users could only use emoticons, characters that could be typed out on a keyboard. But as time passes, technology evolves, and emoticons were replaced by the emojis you know and love today

Emojis are almost a second language!

While emojis are not recognised as a language, they can say a whole lot more than words alone. These little characters can enhance your marketing efforts, only if utilised in the right way, however! Always remember that emojis can have multiple meaning, so use them carefully…

Why should you be embracing emojis in your marketing plan?

In the age of technology, your audience is exposed to thousands of promotional messages every day. Do you want people to scroll past your content because it just merged in with every other post in the feed? Emojis capture your attention and make the user want to find out more on the brand.

Add More Meaning and Context to Social Posts

Were you aware that words only represent 7% of all impactful communications across social platforms which means the other 93% of the messages we see are non-verbal meaning either emojis are your new best friend! Emojis are the non-verbal element to your message that allows people to feel the emotions of your content.

Bolster higher open email rates and click-through rates

You would presume that emojis are only meant for social posts. Well, you would be wrong! Emojis add a boost to your email subject line, causing a higher open rate and click-through rate. But you also must remember that using emojis in the wrong way it can massively hurt your open rates so be careful when it comes to utilising emojis.

Add personality to your brand

You would presume that emojis are only meant for social posts. Well, you would be wrong! Emojis add a boost to your email subject line, causing a higher open rate and click-through rate. But you also must remember that using emojis in the wrong way it can massively hurt your open rates so be careful when it comes to utilising emojis.

Avatar for Lily
AboutLily
Marketing Executive